<$BlogRSDUrl$>

less charming and more strange than your average blog

September 10, 2003

A blog is born 

Hello, y'all. Welcome to the very first entry in my brand-spanking-new blog! What is a blog, you ask? Well, it's kind of like what my website is, except bite-size. Portable. Quasi-disposable. Sometimes I have moments of inspiration that don't warrant a full-on update. Sometimes I just have to share some stupid story about my day with you. Sometimes I find crap on the internet that is simply too cool to keep to myself. That's what a blog is for. It's what this blog is for, anyway. I can't really speak for whatever pervy ends other peoples' blogs may be serving. No, I'm just kidding. I have reluctantly come to regard blogging as "legitimate" after being exposed to several great examples of how it can be done right (thank you, Pamie, Velcrometer, and others). Besides, I've been suffering from the worst freakin' case of Writer's Block for the past several months and I'm pretty much terrified that if I don't post any and all bright ideas that strike me immediately, they will fade away and never be heard from again. Part of the reason I don't write more often is because whenever I have an idea, I obsess over whether or not it's interesting enough to bother writing about, and before I know it the inspiration has come and gone and I feel uncreative and useless all over again. (Yes, writers are as crazy as Nicolas Cage in Adaptation.) Hopefully, this blog will fix me and entertain you. Sound good? Here's praying this experiment turns out the way it's supposed to! Now bring on the bloggin'!
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?