<$BlogRSDUrl$>

less charming and more strange than your average blog

October 07, 2003

Linked, and links 

Once more I've been linked, again in someone's blog, and again by a very talented writer. He even wrote me an email and told me that my blog was the funniest one he's visited so far! Rock on, Rudy.

Would you still be my friend if I saw this movie? I think I might sort of want to maybe I'm not sure oh who am I kidding I'm going tonight.

I can't see this trailer enough times. Animation truly is a criminally underrated art form. I went to see The Animation Show last week and nearly laughed myself into an aneurysm, but there were these really pretentious and annoying people sitting behind us who loudly compared notes about each segment after it ended. They were those people who deliberately vocalize their reactions extra loud because they're trying to let everyone around them know that these are the "correct" reactions, and that they are super intelligent for being hip and film-savvy enough to know them. They were those people who scoff at things because they think it makes them superior to scoff at it, not because they are simply idiots.

After one segment that was a bit weird and abstract (but particularly good, in my opinion), the following exchange took place:

Pretentious Asshole #1: [scoffs] Okaaay...

Pretentious Asshole #2: Oh, that one was by Aardman Films [creators of Wallace & Gromit]! [sounds unsure about whether or not this changes their opinion of the segment]

Pretentious Asshole #1: Mmm, too bad!

[pretentious assholes share a loud round of pretentious asshole laughter, all this while the next segment is already starting]
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?