<$BlogRSDUrl$>

less charming and more strange than your average blog

October 27, 2003

The Lord of the Rings naked 

Something very interesting happened to me last week. It all started when I was linked a second time in Pamie's blog. (By the way, I am such a loser. This is a huge deal to me. I lost my shit and called everyone I know to tell them. Nobody cared.) The first time Pamie linked me, nothing really happened. This time, for whatever reason...well. Let's put it this way. It took me over two years to break the 4,000 mark on my hit counter. And let's be honest, most of those were probably me. I would be all, "Ooh! One person just visited my site! [pause] Wait, that was me, just now. Dammit." Less than 72 hours after Pamie linked me in her blog, I was well past 10,000. People in whose faces I wasn't pointing a shotgun were taking interest in my creative output!

Some very rockin' individuals were even kind enough to send me a few emails expressing their support (or lack thereof, but we won't go there at the moment) for my writing. One of the emails I received was from Cleolinda, the woman who runs this site (and a few others, actually), and after she linked me, she went ahead and invited me to be a contributor!

Here is my first post in Trailer Park, her blog devoted to snarky commentary on the newest movie trailers. I feel like the new guy at work who doesn't know the ropes, and I'm terrified that I'll do something wrong. I'll format something incorrectly, or I'll write a joke that's not funny, and she'll fire me and make sure no other websites hire me. Gah, now I'm scaring myself. But the point is that she's awesome, and so is Pamie, and blah blah blah sunshine lollipops and rainbows.

(People, you know I'm not an egomaniac or a traffic whore, right? It just boggles my mind to think that people are actually reading and enjoying things I wrote. If I am not writing for a living in ten years, I will be a very sad man.)
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?