<$BlogRSDUrl$>

less charming and more strange than your average blog

November 03, 2003

The Matrix revolutions 

Mom: [solemn] Eric, can I talk to you?

Eric: Sure, mom, what is it?

Mom: Well... I've been thinking about that movie I watched last night.

Eric: What is it you want to talk about?

Mom: Why did Neo wake up in a slime capsule after taking the blue pill?

Eric: Excuse me?

Mom: I don't understand The Matrix.

Eric: Oh. Well, the blue pill made him wake up in the real world.

Mom: But wasn't he in the real world before?

Eric: No, that was the matrix. That was the computer program.

Mom: I don't get it.

Eric: He was in the slime capsule thing all along.

Mom: No, he wasn't. He worked at a computer company. I saw him.

Eric: No, that was the matrix.

Mom: So it wasn't real?

Eric: No, his mind thought it was, but it was just a computer program.

Mom: Oh my. [looks grave]

Eric: Yeah, well.

[long pause]

Mom: So I have another question. What is "The One"? What does that mean? The One who is good at computers?

Eric: Uh...kind of. I'm not sure.

Mom: You didn't get it either?

Eric: Not really.

Mom: That Keanu Reeves is so handsome. He looks like your brother.

David: [from upstairs] Moooooooooom!! Stop saying that!
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?