<$BlogRSDUrl$>

less charming and more strange than your average blog

November 04, 2003

Sick 

I can't even think of a fun title, I'm so sick. I felt this coming on since Sunday, and I probably deserve it, after staying up all night two nights in a row this weekend. I tried to go to school on Monday, but had to bail after one class because my sniffling and hacking was impeding everyone else's learning experience. I went home, put on several layers of clothing, which felt like they were made of needles, crawled under two blankets, and still felt like I was dying of hypothermia. I haven't really left since.

Everyone in my family is sick except for my mother. There are times when my father and two brothers and I just sort of wander the house like zombies. We ought to be staying in bed as much as possible, and we do, but the urge to comiserate often gets the better of me and so I shuffle into David's room just to glare at him, and he understands that I'm really glaring at the flu, and we feel slightly less wretched.

I told David how my abdominal muscles were killing me from all the coughing, and he replied, apparently sincerely, "Well, at least you're getting a workout." I hadn't thought of it that way. Then I responded, "And we're not really eating anything, either!" This totally cheered us up in some sadistic way. We were like, people pay money to visit spas and feel the way we do right now. Then we marveled at all the money we were saving and watched The Osbournes for five hours.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?