<$BlogRSDUrl$>

less charming and more strange than your average blog

December 03, 2003

Even more movie stuff 

Some pictures from the set of Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason. I continue to be surprised every time I realize how much cuter Renee Zellweger looks when she's "fat" as opposed to "a piece of sinew, and thus physically acceptable to Hollywood producers." (UPDATED: The pictures I originally linked to disappeared, so I linked to other pictures from the same site instead. Whatever, Z Review.)

The National Board of Review has put out their top 10 list for 2003, with Mystic River taking the top slot. It's interesting to see movies like Cold Mountain or The Last Samurai on there, because they've been touted as Oscar contenders since they were greenlighted, but you never really know if they're going to secretly suck or be forgotten five minutes after being released. A great example is the fact that I stab myself in the face repeatedly whenever I see the trailer for The Last Samurai, and yet here it is ranked higher on the list than Lost in Translation. I am revolted, yet intrigued.

And the Independent Spirit Award nominations just came out! Not much else to say about that, except that I'm confused by the absense of Evan Rachel Wood's name under the "Best Female Lead" heading.

It was a very good week for me to be broke, because I've been to three free screenings so far this week. Angels in America and Big Fish were both completely perfect and brilliant and everything I hoped for, and that's all I have to say about that. Then, of course, I saw Honey and my eyes have not yet forgiven me. It's actually pretty astounding, y'all. I've never seen anything like it. I didn't know this degree of badness was even legal in this country. I mean, I'm not even allowed to get married, and they can show Honey in multiplexes nationwide? THAT'S WACK, YO!
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?