<$BlogRSDUrl$>

less charming and more strange than your average blog

January 06, 2004

Snow! 

If you're in the Seattle area, you may have noticed that it snowed several inches today. If you're not in the Seattle area, you probably don't care that it snowed several inches here today. Every year, I pray for snow (to whom, I have no idea -- who do I worship? Parker Posey? Is she responsible for this?) and this year, my prayers have finally been answered.

So, oddly enough, here I am sitting snowbound at home on the second day of the quarter. Yesterday was the shortest day of school I've ever had -- one of my professors cut the class short because he had the flu, and the other didn't show up at all for the same reason.

I'm experiencing some alarming urges to be productive, after spending three solid weeks with my mouth attached to either a junk food or a bottle of some alcoholic beverage or another. I'm also experiencing some unfortunate consequences of spending those three weeks that way, such as the fact that I'm down to two pairs of pants that I can still wear and not cry.

I'm reading The Storyteller by Mario Vargas Llosa for one of my classes, and so far it's excellent. I should read more books.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?