<$BlogRSDUrl$>

less charming and more strange than your average blog

February 25, 2004

Slave to the pastry 

Only two things of interest have happened to me in the last week. I believe they may be related. The first thing is that I haven't been sleeping very well. The second is that three days ago, 68 Krispy Kreme donuts appeared in my refrigerator. SIXTY-EIGHT. Yeah, I know. And 12 of them are in my digestive system riiiiiiiiiiight noooooooow. I have the biggest stomach ache and it hasn't gone away since Monday. And I keep going back for more. Because if I don't at least make an effort to eat them all, they're going to get thrown away and that's just COLD-BLOODED MURDER.

(FYI, the donuts were in fact not a gift from god as I had initially suspected. It turned out that Krispy Kreme had donated a billion donuts to the Filipino Community Center for an event and there were about a million of them leftover and my mom got stuck with a bunch of them. And the rest is fucking history.)

Can an overconsumption of donuts result in insomnia, and then nightmares? Because I feel like I haven't slept in days. I try going to bed at a reasonable hour and then I toss and turn until the wee hours of the morning before finally dozing off, only to awaken three or four hours too early and feeling like someone had beaten the crap out of me the night before. Can donuts make you sleepwalk to the bad part of town and then piss off a bunch of gang members?

I have nightmares about people I love being really mean to me. Do y'all have dreams like this? Do you have to remind yourself not to hold people accountable for the things they didn't do anywhere but in your unconscious? Why is every sentence in this post a question? Am I going crazy? Have I mentioned that I haven't gotten much sleep lately? I need a fucking donut. Get out of my way.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?