<$BlogRSDUrl$>

less charming and more strange than your average blog

September 07, 2004

Before I go go 

I posted one last entry before I leave in two hours. There are a bunch of things I've been meaning to tell you about, and the last several weeks have been way too crazy for me to have been able to keep the posts coming as fast and furious as I would have liked. But now I would like to share these things with you, really quick, before I ditch this blog for the new one. (For now, at least.)

1) I was at my local UPS to send in my visa application, and after I filled out the delivery form, the woman scrutinized the destination address and pointed to the letter n in Los Angeles. "Is that an n or an r?" she demanded. I told her it was an n, but she wouldn't let it go. "IT LOOKS LIKE AN R," she said critically. Besides the fact that there is no city of "Los Argeles," I found it kind of amazing that she was so reluctant to take my word for it.

2) Ewwwwwwwwwww.

3) I cancelled my Netflix account last week, but here's the up-to-date remainder of my rental history:
8 1/2 (1963)
Detour (1945)
Burnt by the Sun (1994)
jackass the movie (2002)
Eight Legged Freaks (2002)
Kiss Me Deadly (1955)
Chinatown (1974)
Basic Instinct (1992)
Roger & Me (1989)
Urbania (2000)
Eyes Wide Shut (1999)
The Producers (1968)
All the Queen's Men (2001)
Bullets Over Broadway (1994)
What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (1962)Win a Date With Tad Hamilton! (2004)
Nine to Five (1980)
Xanadu (1980)
Modern Times (1936)
Manhattan Murder Mystery (1993)
The Seventh Seal (1957)
20 Million Miles to Earth (1957)
Annie Hall (1977)
Brazil (1985)
Mighty Aphrodite (1995)
Pee Wee's Big Adventure (1985)
Mr. Death: The Rise and Fall of Fred A Leuchter, Jr. (1999)
Zelig (1983)
Manhattan (1979)
The First Wives Club (1996)
Amarcord (1973)
Nurse Betty (2000)
Bad Santa (2003)
Bananas (1971)
Hannah and Her Sisters (1986)
Small Time Crooks (2000)
Mr. Hulot's Holiday (1953)
Die Mommie Die! (2003)
Bruce Almighty (2003)
Taking Lives (2004)

4) Eric: Is anybody named Rita anymore?

Andrew: I know a Rita.

Mom: Arita Franklin?

5) Linda G passed my name along to the folks in charge of the Seattle Lesbian & Gay Film Festival and I wrote a handful of blurbs for their official program. It will be the first time I've actually been published, although I came close a few years ago when Linda G passed my name along to the SIFF programmers, who strung me along but never actually used me. Anyway, I stopped by the SLGFF office a few weeks ago to pick up some screeners and the guy I was talking to seemed to be smiling an awful lot. I was like, "Ooh, maybe I look really hot today. I'm feeling attractive now. I should wear these pants more often." When I got to the car, I glanced in the rear view mirror and saw there was leftover clown makeup on my face from a party the night before, at which Nun-Clown had made a special appearance. Now it looked as though I had recently bitten into a live animal. I'm sure I made a great impression.

There's so much more, but I have to leave for the airport right this second. I'll post again once I reach the UK. Oh, the excitement. Hooray for a year of this blog and hooray for you people for reading it. Until next summer, change your bookmarks to http://ericinscotland.blogspot.com/ because that's where I'll be! See you there!
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?